Facebook has introduced Facebook Pay. A new way for friends to send and receive cash with one another that doesn't involve meeting in person or even opening up another app. With Facebook Pay user can send and receive money from directly inside of Messenger and it is free of cost not even a single penny.
Facebook Pay is starting to roll out now in the US, and it will continue to over the coming months. Once the feature is enabled on your account, you will see a $ alongside the options to send a photo or enter a message using speech. Right now this feature is available in iPhone and will be available in Android.
As for actually sending money, here are the instructions straight from Facebook. Note that the feature only supports Debit Cards. After you add a card, Messenger will prompt you to create a PIN.
To send money:
- Start a message with a friend
- Tap the $ icon and enter the amount you want to send
- Tap Pay in the top right and add your debit card to send money
To receive money:
- Open the conversation from your friend
- Tap Add Card in the message and add your debit card to accept money for the first time